StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > EEC Management > Tweecer
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2006, 07:29 PM   #1
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Lm-1 to Tweecer hookup

Ok, tried to use the LM-1 with the Tweecer today and was unsuccessful.

Italian has the Lm-1 going through the data q and from there to a serial to usb adapter (I borrowed from a coworker the other day) and then to the laptop. I have the setup tab in Calcon setup to read the wb.

My problem is that I am logging either incorrect readings or none at all in Calcon.

What am I doing wrong?
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 12:51 PM   #2
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Re: Lm-1 to Tweecer hookup

ok. I have figured out (thanks to Dale) that I have to use the WB editor in EEC analyzer to do some changes.

Clint the basic innovate.dbf file is on a 1-2 volt scale. How do I change this to a 0-5v scale
Old 03-26-2006, 03:22 PM   #3
Dale McPeters
5.0 Block/Walnut Cracker

In EA use a multiplier of 0.92 on the curve and see if it will make Calcon match the Innovative display (if the numbers you gave me are correct).

Old 03-26-2006, 03:48 PM   #4
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

no. I couldn't figure out how to multiply the numbers by .92 using the lean/ rich button in EA. I tried using the lean/rich button both ways using various percentages and it made no difference whatsoever in the Calcon readings.

I am aggravated and tired of fooling with trying to get that dumbass calcon software to log the freaking wideband.
Guess I am going to figure out how to log rpm's or MAF voltage into the LM-1 software and tune the car that way.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:38 PM   #5
Blown 5.0

This may be a dumb question, But why not run the car off the wide band O2 using the lm-1? I have personally not hooked one up this way but i do know the lm-1 has the power to simulate the voltage a narrow band produces. I do use the rpm signal through my lm-1. I use the auxlliary box for this, which also has 6 chanell imput for things like a maf voltage reading.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:09 PM   #6
Italian LX
Daddy x4 ...we're done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown 5.0
This may be a dumb question, But why not run the car off the wide band O2 using the lm-1?
I remember reading about this a while back on the TwEECer forum, but I think the results are not good. Even though it simulates the analog out of the narrow band, it apparently still confuses the ECU in some way.

Either way, that would not solve what Lee wanted to do anyway.

'86 Mustang GT Convertible
'88 Mustang LX coupe
'11 Odyssey TE
'21 Insight Touring
Italian LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 07:13 PM   #7
86GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE
no. I couldn't figure out how to multiply the numbers by .92 using the lean/ rich button in EA. I tried using the lean/rich button both ways using various percentages and it made no difference whatsoever in the Calcon readings.

I am aggravated and tired of fooling with trying to get that dumbass calcon software to log the freaking wideband.
Guess I am going to figure out how to log rpm's or MAF voltage into the LM-1 software and tune the car that way.
Sorry I did not respond earlier, I was outside working on the car all day. Take the Lean/Rich number and scroll down to -8, which is leaning by 8 percent. This is the same thing as multiplying by .92. Then make sure you export the file and save it to some other file. You could replace the exiting one if desired. If you choose a different file name then you will have to manually type that name in Cal Con.

You said it made no difference after making the change? Make sure you close out Cal Con when you make these changes. Cal Con only loads the curve one time at start up or if you sleect a new curve. If you select some other WB and hit apply and then go back to the INOVATVE and hit apply, it should reload the curve.

A9M, TwEECer, 306ci, 73mm C&L w Tuner Tube, Cobra Intake, 42# inj, Edelbrock 6037, E303 cam, 155 fuel pump, FPR, 70mm TB, E-Fan, 3.55 gears, Powerdyne 9psi actual 5psi...way more.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 07:18 PM   #8
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

I'll try that tomorrow.

why is the curve based off 1-2v instead of 0-5v?
Old 03-26-2006, 07:22 PM   #9
86GT

Good question. I thought most WB were 0-5. Unless that cuve is for the NB output. Just for giggles try using the DIYWB curve and see what happens.

A9M, TwEECer, 306ci, 73mm C&L w Tuner Tube, Cobra Intake, 42# inj, Edelbrock 6037, E303 cam, 155 fuel pump, FPR, 70mm TB, E-Fan, 3.55 gears, Powerdyne 9psi actual 5psi...way more.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 07:30 PM   #10
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86GT
Good question. I thought most WB were 0-5. Unless that cuve is for the NB output. Just for giggles try using the DIYWB curve and see what happens.
All DBF files according to EA are 1v-2v or 1v-3v.

I couldn't find any DBF file that was 0-5v
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy