PDA

View Full Version : [Topic Split]I need the hook up on....

Wicked
08-04-2005, 05:13 AM
He is still gonna need a MAF whether he uses a Tweecer or not. I'll sale the injectors for $250 and keep my MAF then. (I'll just sendt it back to Pro-M for a recal) :nice:

He's already got a 73mm C&L. Anything wrong with using that with the Tweecer? I'll let him call you to work out the details and you can try to sell the univer to him. I wouldn't mind the Univer for myself to tell you the truth, but I don't have the money right now.

QWKSNKE
08-04-2005, 06:14 AM
He's already got a 73mm C&L. Anything wrong with using that with the Tweecer? .

Not as long as he as the sample tube for the 42# :nice:

Wicked
08-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Not as long as he as the sample tube for the 42# :nice:

He's got it for 24's, but he can always adjust CID and fuel slopes to fix that, right?

Italian LX
08-04-2005, 11:16 AM
He's got it for 24's, but he can always adjust CID and fuel slopes to fix that, right?
Nope, he still will end up pegging the MAF. :shake:

. . . oh no, here we go again. :doh:

QWKSNKE
08-04-2005, 12:46 PM

NO.

Wicked
08-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Nope, he still will end up pegging the MAF. :shake:

. . . oh no, here we go again. :doh:

:tool:

Do you have to be a dick everytime? :shrug:

If its supporting the airflow now, why wouldn't it with a set of 42's? What's the logic in that?

If a certain MAF voltage equals a certain amount of fuel, then use a scalar to reduce the amount of fuel in relation to the change in fuel injector size. Your MAF should never even come into play.

QWKSNKE
08-04-2005, 04:11 PM
Reference this thread

http://forums.qwiksnake.com/showthread.php?t=2185&highlight=MAF+tuning

Italian LX
08-04-2005, 04:23 PM
:tool:

Do you have to be a dick everytime? :shrug:
Damn Brad, get your panties out of a wad. How was I being a dick? :think:

:If its supporting the airflow now, why wouldn't it with a set of 42's? What's the logic in that?

If a certain MAF voltage equals a certain amount of fuel, then use a scalar to reduce the amount of fuel in relation to the change in fuel injector size. Your MAF should never even come into play.
That's just it... it's NOT supporting what he has now. Just the other day you admitted that he was using a 6:1 FMU which means the computer is not doing shit to compensate for the added air flow. He's compensating with added fuel pressure. He might as well be speed density with the tune he has now.

I would bet you $100 that he is currently pegging the MAF well before the top of his pulls. You'll see when you start datalogging with the TwEECer. :yup:

Wicked
08-04-2005, 04:39 PM
Damn Brad, get your panties out of a wad. How was I being a dick? :think:

That's just it... it's NOT supporting what he has now. Just the other day you admitted that he was using a 6:1 FMU which means the computer is not doing shit to compensate for the added air flow. He's compensating with added fuel pressure. He might as well be speed density with the tune he has now.

I would bet you $100 that he is currently pegging the MAF well before the top of his pulls. You'll see when you start datalogging with the TwEECer. :yup:

". . . oh no, here we go again. "

You just sounded like a dick, I guess you can't help it.

I'm not saying he isn't pegging the MAF already. That remains to be seen.
I understand what you mean now. Normally you can see the MAF pegging by the AF curve(on a non-FMU car). You are saying that since he is using a FMU, its covering up the fact that the MAF may already be pegged.

What I'm saying is...your words were, in the othere thread, "You must remember that when you increase injector size, it[The MAF] has to [peg] because you are increasing your airflow;"

And thats what you sounded like you were saying here. You were arguing about one thing and I was arguing about something else.

QWKSNKE
08-04-2005, 04:46 PM
i am going to split this and put it in the EEC forum

Italian LX
08-04-2005, 06:01 PM
You just sounded like a dick, I guess you can't help it.
:lol:

That's like the pot calling the kettle black! :rofl:

Italian LX
08-04-2005, 06:13 PM
What I'm saying is...your words were, in the othere thread, "You must remember that when you increase injector size, it[The MAF] has to [peg] because you are increasing your airflow;"

And thats what you sounded like you were saying here. You were arguing about one thing and I was arguing about something else.
It's basically the same thing just in a slightly different context. The difference here is that you are already pegging the MAF before increasing the injector size.